Included in this package are 4 different animal weaving sets: a sea turtle, ladybug, bumblebee, and owl. Sets include step-by-step directions with visuals and a stencil set.
Each animal weaving begins with a woven paper base and then additional body parts are added. Feel free to use the stencils to create the extra pieces or just freehand them yourself!
The youngest grade level that I’ve been able to successfully do paper weaving with is first grade. 80% of my students were able to do the weaving part with little to no help but the other 20% needed additional support (either from myself of a classmate).
If you are working with lower elementary aged students, I would definitely start with the ladybug as it has the simplest loom cuts.
Please note: This item is provided as a digital download - not a physical product.